Talbot's red hanger sale has been on for a few days, and there is one main thing I really, really want. And its terribly impractical. It...

Talbot's Red Hanger Sale - Warning Long.

11:58 Unknown 0 Comments

Talbot's red hanger sale has been on for a few days, and there is one main thing I really, really want.

And its terribly impractical.

Its red.

And velveteen.

And looks like Christmas.

But I want it anyway. And I keep telling myself I can wear it at least until Valentines Day? (::eyeroll::) It comes in other, more "practical" colors, but this red is so 'delicious' to my eye. IRL, its a little deeper than the photo looks....




I normally don't wear double breasted jackets, but the panel folds back and buttons down onto the lapels, making it not double breasted anymore. Like so:
(cool ninja pose)

It makes me want to launch into a Veruca Salt solo. I am mad at myself for not getting it before Christmas, but you know how that is.

....Maybe in the blue velveteen. That feels New Years-ish no?

Ok, ok, enough of my Cranberry Velveteen induced ramblings....there are some great items marked down to very good prices. Some must haves. Actually, I do have each of the following, so not just lip service there. :-)

1. The Scrunch neck Turtleneck. $15.79 - $29.99 depending on color
Yes, its "just" a turtleneck, BUT, the fabric is like a nice t-shirt - remember the nice tees Ann Taylor Loft used to make before the "sheer tissue-tee" explosion of 09? It's that kind of fabric. Lovely. It fits smoothly, and close to the body, but not too close. There are only a few of these online in Misses, Petite, Womens and Women's Petite, (in that lower price) but check local stores too. I do plan to grab an additional color or two in this one.


2. The Grace Fit Corduroy Jacket - $36.74 - $40.49
This little number has been around for some time. And I mostly ignored it because I already have jackets in the two colors that caught my eye. (Good girl) But, then I realized (convinced myself) I have very few jackets in neutral colors, and decided to get it in the rusty/brown color they call "Vicuna brown", which seems to be sold out, for the most part online. Hmm. Well, at any rate, its a great fitting jacket, and there are plenty of colors, some perfect for Spring! Lots of room in the bust. Huzzah. Oh, and of course, fully lined.


Apparently, I like my clothing plush, because we have lots of velveteen and corduroy in this segment. So, I know I just waxed poetic about the virtues of the red velveteen jacket. This one, however, is quite different. Something not visible in any of the photos on the site (I don't know why) is a neck strap that reminds me a bit of a moto jacket. It folds back and buttons down, if you do not like this feature, but I think they ought to have shown it buttoned up somewhere online! Oh, and another note, the colors of this are not as vivid as they appear online. That society blue is much more cornflower blue, and less deep IRL. I own it in Pewter, because as you may recall, I needed more neutral jackets in my life.


4. Signature Fit Corduroy Bootcut Pants, $39.74 (or cheaper for a few odd colors) Or Signature Fit Ankle Pants $25.47 (all colors)
These I have in black, and plan to return for a second pair in grey or tan or brown. I love cords because they are like jeans for work. They fit like jeans, but fall into that grey-ish business casual appropriate area. I have found that both the Heritage and Signature fit me fine, but I have to go up a size in the Signature. I find its a closer fit to the body than the Heritage.

So, I feel confident in assuming some of you have also been shopping the sale - what did you get?!!? I want to know. :-) Do you have any of the items on my list already? My inquiring mind wants to know!!

As always, thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.